Protect your family with a Will Trust
Have your family circumstances changed or do you want to safeguard any inheritance?
You may want to consider including a Trust within your Will so that your assets are looked after by ‘Trustees’, to avoid anything passing onto someone you do not want to inherit.
Why set up a Will Trust?
By having a Will Trust in place, you have a legal arrangement which allows your assets such as property, to be looked after for the beneficiaries in your Will.
Other good reasons for setting up a Wills trust:
- If beneficiaries are minors, the assets they inherit will be held on Trust for them until they reach 18 years of age and in your Will you can appoint Trustees to ‘look after’ the assets
- Assets are protected from children with problems, such as gambling or drug addictions
- Avoid ‘sideways inheritance’ – where the estate moves sideways to the new partner, rather than down the generation to the children
- To protect a loved one who is unable to manage their own affairs due to disability or illness
- It can help to reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax
How we can help you
Our specialist team in Leighton Buzzard can advise on the creation of trusts, as well as all aspects of trust administration, including:
- Setting up the Trust & tailoring it to your needs
- Preparing the Trust documents
- Run the Trust if necessary
- Appointing or removing trustees
- Acting as a trustee on your behalf
You can trust Osborne Morris & Morgan
We take the time to get to know you and your affairs and treat every case with great sensitivity and care. If you choose to use us as your professional trustee solicitors, we can help you with:
- Decision making
- Bill payments & other home finances
- Conveyancing processes
- Helping other trustees to make decisions
- Tax returns
Did you know?
We can also help you with making a Will, Inheritance Tax Planning, Deputyship Services, as well as many other Wills, Probate and Lasting Power of Attorney matters.